Thursday, September 16, 2010

Goggle failure


Speedo Vanquisher 2.0

One of my first blog posts was on how I lost my goggles and had to buy a new pair. I had a terrible time figuring out how to adjust the new Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 goggles in a way that would prevent them from leaking during my dives. Pool water would get in my eyes and then my eyes would get irritated. But all these problems have been resolved since July as I found a good length for the head straps and my eyes apparently got used to pool water on the gradually fewer days that they were exposed to it.

But now, after just 3 months, I must report that the goggles have failed me again, as the nose piece pops out of place every time I take the goggles off. The two eye sockets disassociate and then I have to spend a bit of time popping the nose piece back in place. If this happened only once in a while, it would be tolerable, but the plastic nose piece is now worn in a way that keeping the goggles together is hard to do.

My coach suggested I take the goggles back to the store and insist on getting a new replacement pair. But really, all I need is a new nose piece. The goggles came with a variety of sized nose pieces and I actually kept them. So tomorrow I will swim with the second-largest nose piece and see how that works.

Has anyone else had a nose piece wear out? For all I know, this is a common issue that I'll need to get used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment